Genie Battery Back Up When the power goes out, Genie power goes on!
Genie’s Battery Back Up unit offers peace-of-mind to homeowners who
want to be able to operate their garage door opener during a power outage.
Genie Battery Back Up Features
- Up to 50 cycles in a 24-hour period after initial power outage
- Color coded LEDs on the front of the unit show charge status(Green – ready-state; Yellow – charging or internal charge is low; Red – needs charged)
- Several mounting options to choose from *
- Optional accessory for TriloG™ and IntelliG® openers that can be purchased with operator or at a later time.(Ask your Genie dealer for more information)
- Safety and security features continue to operate
- 1-Year warranty from time of installation (See Owner’s Manual for details.)
- Powered by Interstate Batteries®
Genie Battery Back Up Specifications
- 8 AMP Hour sealed lead acid (SLA) battery
- Dimensions: 9.5″ L x 5.27″ H x 5″ W
- 7.8 lbs
- Charged and powered by a 3′ connector cable between the opener and battery back-up unit
Genie Battery Back Up REPLACEMENT SEE BELOW
A. Remove power to the opener (unplug or turn off breaker) and unplug Connection Cable from Battery Back-Up.
B. Slide unit out of mounting bracket.
C. Remove cover (4 screws).
D. Slide connectors off battery.
E. Remove old battery and insert its replacement.
F. Attach connectors, RED (+) and BLACK (–),
to battery terminals.
G. Replace cover (4 screws).
H. Slide unit onto mounting bracket.
I. Plug in Connection Cable.
J. Plug in power cord.